08 Feb Dental Implants for Missing Teeth
Dental implants are an excellent long-term solution for missing teeth and act as a strong foundation for permanent crowns, bridges, or dentures.
Dental implants appear and function like natural teeth, compared to other tooth replacements, like removable partial and full dentures, or fixed bridges.
Why Dental Implants?
With an extremely high success rate, dental implants are the best and longest lasting way to replace missing teeth because implants –
- preserve the underlying that supports the tooth; this bone would deteriorate if the tooth is lost
- do not decay
- look and feel just like a natural tooth
- allow you to chew, smile and speak with confidence again
- preserve face shape
A small, screw-shaped titanium post is inserted into the bone to replace the root part of a missing tooth. The procedure requires only local anesthesia. Once the implant is placed, a custom-made permanent crown is fixed over the implant as a long-term solution for your missing teeth.
Dental Implants can be used to –
- Replace a single tooth, restoring function and saving neighboring teeth from collapse.
- Replace multiple teeth if you are missing more than one tooth in a row; the implant teeth act as supports for bridgework
- Replace all teeth permanently
To learn more about dental implants, teeth cleaning and cosmetic dentistry, consult the leading dentist in Stuart, Florida; call Riggs Family Dentistry at 772-220-4171 Today. Riggs Family Dentistry is designed to be inviting, comforting, bright, and full of friendly, caring people dedicated to bringing patients the finest quality family and cosmetic dental care.