What every person should know about oral cancer:
- Oral cancer has 3 times as many victims as cervical cancer
- One North American dies of oral cancer every hour of every day
- The incidence of oral cancer is growing
- The biggest growth in oral cancer is among young non-smokers, and oral cancer is now linked to HPV
- When oral cancer is discovered in early stages, the survival rate is very high, but when discovered late (which is normally the case), the survival rate is very low
- Health experts recommend that all adults receive annual oral cancer screenings
Because of this risk to your health, Chicago Holistic Dentistry has invested in a state-of the-art VELscope®system. As part of our conventional oral cancer examination, it can literally help us discover potentially dangerous tissue that we otherwise miss. Of course, the odds are that we won’t find anything that concerns us. But if we do, the VELscope device will increase our odds of finding it early rather than late.
An oral cancer examination with a VELscope screening takes very little time, involves no pain or inconvenience, and is very affordable. If you have any questions about oral cancer or the Velscope system, please let us know. Your oral health is the key to your overall health, and we want to help you in any way we can.